Karnataka National Means Cum Merit Scholarship | Nmms 2023 Apply Online Now
Karnataka NMMS 2023:
Application Invitation for Means Cum Merit Scholarship, Complete Details Here..
Acceptance of applications for the National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Examination for the year 2023-24 has started. Check here what is eligibility, how to apply, last date for application, other information..
Eligibility, exam details, other information is here.
Karnataka NMMS 2023 Registration
A notification has been issued to conduct the examination for the National Means Merit Scholarship for the year 2023-24. Applications are invited from eligible and interested students. This examination will be conducted by KSQAAC, Karnataka School Examination and Valuation Board for the students studying in class 8 in government, aided and local body schools during the year 2023-24.
12,000 scholarship per annum at Rs 1000 per month from class 9 onwards for 4 years – i.e. till completion of secondary PUC.
The scholarship will be directly credited to their bank account by DoSEL New Delhi. Students should apply online every year at www.scholorships.gov.in.
Date of Conducting Examination for Selection of Students for National Means Cum Merit Scholarship : 17-12-2023
Important Dates for Application Process
Starting date for submission of online application : 13-09-2023
Last date for submission of online application : 04-10-2023
The link to apply online for NMMS examination is given on the website of Karnataka School Examination and Valuation Board. The application is to be submitted online by the School Head Teacher / Principal on behalf of the students. Direct link of application is given below.
Eligibility to Apply
- Students should be studying in 8th standard in current academic stream.
- The applying students must have secured 55% marks in the 7th standard examination if they are general category and other backward category students and 50% marks if they are SC / ST students.
- Annual income of parents / family should not exceed Rs.3.50,000.
Karnataka NMMS Online Application Link
|Apply online||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
|WhatsApp Link||Join Now|
|Home Page||Visit websites…|
Who is not eligible to apply?
- Students studying in residential schools are not eligible to apply.
- Similarly, students of Kendriya Vidyalaya, Sainik schools are also not eligible for this exam.
Purpose of Examination
- Recognition of meritorious students of 8th class.
- Providing scholarship for further education of students.
- To prevent talented students from dropping out and encourage them to study.
NMMS Test Procedure
- There will be multiple choice questions. Each question carries 1 mark. There will be total 2 question papers. The exam pattern is as follows.
- Examination Total Questions Allocation of Time Marks
- Paper-1 90 90 minutes There will be questions that measure students’ ability to reason, analyze, synthesize, etc.
- Paper-2 90 90 minutes 35 marks for Science subject
17-12-2023 (Sunday) Paper-1 from 10-30 am to 12-00 pm.
Minimum marks to qualify
- General / OBC students – 40% marks
- SC / ST students – 32% marks
Considering the marks of the two papers, the list of candidates will be released by DSERT based on reservation wise rank in each district.